Imperfect Interiors gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
If you contact us via the contact form on the website your personal information will only be used for us to contact you. No personal data you send will be disclosed to a third party without your permission.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties.
If you wish us to remove any personal details we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com
If we change our policy, we will post the changes on this page and place notification on the website, so that you can be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Third-party cookies – Google analytics
We use Google Analytics to carry out statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through the Website to evaluate and develop our Website. This is known as 'digital analytics'.
This information allows us to understand individual behaviours and needs more accurately. For more information on how Google uses the data collected via this service, see here: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
To opt out of being tracked via Google Analytics, you can also use Google's opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Imperfect Interiors earns a small commission (known as ‘affiliate revenue’) when a reader clicks a link in The Edit and buys a product that we have featured from a third party. This is clearly labelled in the introduction to The Edit, and these small affiliate commissions enable The Edit to be offered as a free service. The items included in The Edit have been selected based on their relevance to the feature, and have not been influenced by advertisers. For more information on rewardStyle cookies visit: https://about.rewardstyle.com/
This policy was updated on May 22th 2020.